KDE Screensaver Lock Hotkey
From Phormix Wiki
Adding a custom lock hotkey (Start+L key)
- From the "system settings" menu, choose "Shortcuts and Gestures"
- Highlight "Custom Shortcuts"
- Click the "Edit" button, and choose "New" -> "Global Shortcut" -> "Command/URL"
- Name the shortcut whatever you'd like, I called mine "Screen Lock"
- For the Trigger, select what you'd like to activate, I chose "META+L" (Start Button+L)
- For the action, use the following
/usr/bin/dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver.Lock
Click "Apply" to save.
Note: this does assume that you've got a functional/running screensaver configured